Thank you for choosing to Show Some Love and participate in the 2017 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Your work empowers and inspires the generosity of the Federal community, and together we can have an even greater impact.
The CFC is one of the largest and most successful annual workplace campaigns, raising millions of dollars each year for organizations like yours. As the only authorized charitable solicitation of employees in the Federal workplace, the CFC offers access to a critical source of unrestricted funds for participating nonprofits and an inexpensive way to attract new donors.
Information shared by your organization educates donors and helps them understand the importance of the CFC to participating charities. We look forward to working with you to attend campaign events and hope the following information is helpful as you plan for the upcoming campaign.
For all questions regarding charity outreach, contact Edna DeLeon via email at [email protected] or phone at 202-465-7200.
- Campaign Managers schedule events and request charity participation.
- CFCNCA randomly select charities for event participation.
- Selected charities receive requests, via email, to participate at the event.
- CFCNCA provide detailed information about the event to selected charities.
- The events are popular during campaign kickoff presentations, and various keyworker trainings as well as other charitable events.
- The program allows charities to engage with prospective donors.
2017 Charity Materials
Rules for Event Participation
Throughout the campaign, charities may have an opportunity to meet directly with campaign leaders and Federal employees. As you pursue these opportunities through charity fairs and speaking engagements, follow the guidelines set forth by the CFC to help make the most of your time with these potential donors.
- Charity representatives participating in CFC events should:
- Sign event authorization forms with all zones in which they plan to attend campaign functions.
- Attend only events to which the organization has been invited.
- Promote overall participation in the campaign, not only their organization, especially at speaking events.
- Greet, receive, and thank all people with respect, dignity, and enthusiasm.
- Use only the display area allotted, understanding that it may be necessary to share table space with other organizations.
- Follow all instructions provided by event organizers.
- Dress and act in a professional manner.
- The sale of promotional items or collection of names or funds at CFC events is strictly prohibited. Promotional items of nominal value may be distributed.