FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Micaela Vivero
Federal employees encouraged to Show Some Love to their favorite causes on #GivingTuesday and International Volunteer Day
WASHINGTON, Nov. 27, 2017 – The Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA), the annual workplace giving opportunity for Federal employees in Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas, is celebrating #GivingTuesday on Nov. 28 and International Volunteer Day on Dec. 5 and encouraging the Federal community to take action on these days.
“Giving Tuesday and International Volunteer Day are important days of celebration for the campaign,” said Vince Micone, Chairperson of the Local Federal Coordinating Committee that oversees the CFCNCA. “We are reaching out and encouraging Federal employees to participate especially on these two days because our collective impact can make a huge difference for charities large and small that are on the frontlines helping those in need every day.”
Each year #GivingTuesday is celebrated as a global day of giving on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Last year #GivingTuesday was the largest donation day of the CFCNCA—raising approximately $1.8 million in a single day. This year the campaign is hoping to top that amount and is asking the Federal community to participate in the following ways:
- Join the giving movement by following along with #GivingTuesday on social media and encouraging government departments and agencies to post about the campaign.
- Plan and take part in unique ways—including monetary contributions and telling people what causes you are passionate about—to show thanks and celebrate this opportunity to give.
- Give at cfcnca.org and encourage others to do the same.
On International Volunteer Day, Federal employees are being asked to pledge their time and talent to support their favorite causes through the CFCNCA. Employees can get involved in the following ways:
- Pledge volunteer hours to the CFC charities of their choice through the campaign to extend their impact and monetary gift.
- Update their Facebook profile photo with the CFC Volunteer Day frame. The frame will be available from the CFCNCA Facebook page beginning Monday, Dec. 4, and will be available until the end of the campaign, Jan. 12, 2018.
- Share experiences with volunteerism by posting a photo and why volunteerism is important.
- Encourage co-workers, friends, and family to join in giving back to help others.
Donors are encouraged to make their monetary and volunteerism pledges online through cfcnca.org.
About the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is a 56-year Federal workplace giving tradition that has raised more than $8 billion for charitable organizations. The CFC is one of the world's largest and most successful annual workplace charity campaigns, with 36 CFC zones throughout the country and overseas raising millions of dollars each year. The funds raised each fall through the campaign help neighbors in need around the corner, across the nation, and throughout the world. The Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area is the local campaign for Federal employees in the Washington metropolitan area, and surrounding regions, and is the largest CFC in the country. Through the contributions of civilian and military Federal employees, the campaign generated more than $47 million in 2016 for thousands of participating local, national, and international charities. For more information, visit cfcnca.org. Connect with the campaign on social media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.